PDA

View Full Version : Gannon Or Vick For Mvp?

voodooman
12-08-2002, 07:55 PM
This is the way I see it, I know there are other
candidates, but who do you think will win
the NFL MVP award?
Im sticking with my boy Gannon. At 37 years
old, he is lighting up the grid iron and
putting up incredible numbers.
Vick is no doubt a great quarterback, but I
feel he could use some work in the throwing
department.

Vick
12-08-2002, 08:10 PM
as much as I don't like Gannon
He is the MVP

EDD- WTF is the Groucho smile?

Almighty Colin
12-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Gannon

sharky
12-08-2002, 09:30 PM
After the way the Bucs DOMINATED Vick today... He does not deserve it!

:-)

BTW - Thanks for the company at the game today Toolz!

:-)

Mike AI
12-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Gannon definately!!

Sharky glad the Bucs won!! Isaw Keyshawn yesterday afternoon at Cheesecake Factory, he sat next to us... with his new woman... drinking a few tequila sunrises.

Vick, thanks for the victory.... your team made it easy for us, and we need all the help we can get.

TE - looks like GB is going to help us by losing as well.

Mutt
12-08-2002, 09:44 PM
today probably cost Vick the MVP.

the hype on him this week got outta hand.

but he's still amazing and will get better, we're talking about a kid who should still be playing in college this season.

sharky
12-08-2002, 09:47 PM
MikeAI -

That is VERY funny. considering his own restaurant is right next door! Why doesn't he eat at his place?

I don't thin k he had a reception all game. lol

U still in Tampa or are you back in Orlando/New Orleans?

Vick
12-08-2002, 10:13 PM
MikeAI - that's Raven's football
Win or Lose we're always ugly

SweetT
12-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Well....I guess it was bound to happen....There is no doubt that the Bucs defense rattled Vick's cage early in the game. I have to tip my hat to the Bucs on both sides of the ball today....they played one hell of a game....and Johnson was just on fire.

I am a little pissed at the play calling for the Falcons this game. After the game Vick credited the Bucs defense with keeping him inside the pocket....but am I the only one that noticed that he only started from the shotgun position once during the WHOLE game?? This has been one of the keys to the Falcons wins all year.....why change what has been working??? The shotgun gives you two steps off the bat.....and for a running QG against the best Defense since the Iron Curtain why would you give up those two steps?? It may not have worked.....but it has been working for the last 8 weeks......and besides, why not try it when nothing else was working.....jeeez, like my old man use to tell me...."Son, you gotta dance wit da one what brung ya".

To answer the question of MVP....I think that Vick has what it takes to win the award...very soon....but I think he still has some things to work on before he will be as good as some people think he already is.......but do not fret....he is that good.....he just needs some experience and he is going to be TRULY dangerous.l

My vote for MVP is Priest Holmes, but he will never get it because KC is only one game over .500......if they could pull out a steady stream of wins then he could be seriously in the running.

--T

TheEnforcer
12-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Dec 8 2002, 09:45 PM

TE - looks like GB is going to help us by losing as well.
Hahahahahahaha!!

Mike, you poor deluded soul!!!

You didn't REALLY think they would lose in Lambeau did you?? :lol:

Mike AI
12-09-2002, 12:51 AM
TE I logged back on from Orlando to give Green Bay and Brett Farve props!! I am a GB and Farve fan ( he could win another MVP) - but I would like Saints to get a chance at home field for playoffs.

Ulfie what the hell happen in Pittsburg??

bpj
12-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by SweetT@Dec 9 2002, 12:22 AM
My vote for MVP is Priest Holmes,

--T
FINALLY, we agree on something SweetyT! :D

Vick
12-09-2002, 12:14 PM
the best Defense since the Iron Curtain

Ahem .... How did the Raven's 2000 defense get into the conversation? :D

Pitt got killed on special teams and turnovers

Priest Holmes is a good choice for MVP as well
A case can be made for Brett Farve, LaDainian Tomlinson and you would have thought McNabb before his injury as well

ulfie
12-09-2002, 12:59 PM
I vote for Priest Holmes. KC would be nowhere without him.

MikeAI, Houston didn't even have 100 yards of offense in the game. 2 interception returns for TD's, 1 fumble returned for a TD, and a fumbled punt return led to a field goal. Burris dropped about 20 passes, Maddox missed wide open receivers, etc. It was UGLY!! :headwall:

TheEnforcer
12-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Dec 9 2002, 12:59 AM
TE I logged back on from Orlando to give Green Bay and Brett Farve props!! I am a GB and Farve fan ( he could win another MVP) - but I would like Saints to get a chance at home field for playoffs.

Ulfie what the hell happen in Pittsburg??
Understandable.

Just had to tease ya a bit!! :rolleyes:

TheEnforcer
12-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Didn't the Pitt receivers drop like 8 or 10 balls too! :blink: :zoinks:

i still think Pitt has a decent shot to get to the Big Game and Houston has more wins that a couple other teams in the league so they aren't patsies by any stretch.

Vick
12-09-2002, 02:15 PM
I think Burris dropped 5 himself and one would have been for a TD

in the really sick department
If the Raven's could have won yesterday (ah ha ha) and won out the rest of the schedule ........ (Houston, Cleveland and Pitt@Pitt)
They would have went to the playoffs as the North Division champ
With the youngest team in the league, no Ray-Ray and Jeff Blake as QB

the only player who drops more ball than Burris .... Travis Taylor :(