:unsure:

Lisa
12-03-2002, 11:16 PM
93 and rising here. :)

voodooman
12-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Lisa@Dec 3 2002, 11:24 PM
Well Lisa, :moon: Im so so very F#@%^&* happy for you.

:barfon:

ulfie
12-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Clear skies, sunny, 70 degrees, here in FL. Played 18 holes of golf today, drank some beer, had a nice dinner at a Japenese steak house, in other words, pretty much a perfect day. :nyanya:

Peaches
12-03-2002, 11:43 PM
We're supposed to have an ice storm starting tomorrow. I'm completely prepared - which usually means nothing will happen :agrin: The only problem I'd have is if a tree falls into the house. If that happens, I'm calling Wig to winch me out of the driveway (ME, not my car :gbounce: )

cj
12-03-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by voodooman+Dec 3 2002, 11:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (voodooman @ Dec 3 2002, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lisa@Dec 3 2002, 11:24 PM
Well Lisa, :moon: Im so so very F#@%^&* happy for you.

:barfon:[/b][/quote]
93??!!!???

it feels way fucking hotter than that!!!

today is the least bearable day we have had so far ;-(

http://weather.ninemsn.com.au/weather/nati...cation=brisbane (http://weather.ninemsn.com.au/weather/national/qld.asp?location=brisbane)

its 33.4C right now ... which is about 96 (?)

voodoo, there's dudes riding motorbikes in tshirts here right now because its too hot for riding gear ... :agrin:

gigi
12-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Well, contrary to you good folks...I am watching the first snow flakes of the season fall in front of a black sky....and I think it's wonderful. :awinky:

No wind, no freeze yer ass off....definitely nippy, but I could walk outside with an unzipped coat and runners and be comfortable. And it's so peaceful and quiet.

I LOVE SNOW!!! (I hate cold but...) I LOVE SNOW!!!

:inlove:

Vick
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Just great - calling for heavy snow here in Maryland on Thursday
At least I'll get to use my 4 wheel drive ;-) (http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/local/21075)
It's way too early for this nonsense - it's not even winter yet!

But it could be worse -

Current conditions at Santa's Workshop (http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/holidays/northpole/)

Peaches
12-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by gigi@Dec 4 2002, 12:56 AM
I LOVE SNOW!!! (I hate cold but...) I LOVE SNOW!!!

:inlove:
Me too, Gigi! I'm like a little kid during the rare times we get it. During the blizzard of 93, we had 3 foot drifts - AWESOME! And it was the only time I've seen lightning and heard thunder while it snowed :rokk:

The ice storms always worry me because all my lines are above ground and I have a LOT of trees (shut up, Shok....). But if I only have to worry about power going out, and no trees in the house, I'm a happy camper. The people I bought the house from said the longest they'd not had power was a week, but they were able to get out after a couple of days - so they went to Atlanta until it came back on :agrin:

Nickatilynx
12-04-2002, 12:01 AM
I LOVE SNOW!!!

Aww never mind.... ;)

:agrin:

Zebra
12-04-2002, 12:10 AM
voodooman.. I feel your pain. No snow YET in Moore but plenty of ice. Ice really sucks.

Bring on Summer! :rokk:

cj
12-04-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Dec 4 2002, 12:09 AM
I LOVE SNOW!!!

Aww never mind.... ;)

:agrin:
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAA

nick, i think the kind they are talking about would be a bit cold for the purpose you have in mind ;-))))

Nickatilynx
12-04-2002, 12:15 AM
Ice really sucks

cj :)

cj
12-04-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Dec 4 2002, 12:07 AM
Just great - calling for heavy snow here in Maryland on Thursday
At least I'll get to use my 4 wheel drive ;-) (http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/local/21075)
It's way too early for this nonsense - it's not even winter yet!

But it could be worse -

Current conditions at Santa's Workshop (http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/holidays/northpole/)
your into offroading vick?!?!?!?

TwoChefsRacing (http://www.twochefsracing.com)

4x4 pics (http://www.twochefsracing.com/gallery/index.php)
the first 4 pics are my step dad's nissan patrol ... after the last 4x4 comp in malaysia. its been modified a little ;-)

this is a BIG family hobby of ours, camping and driving loud trucks up big hills ;-))))

cj
12-04-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Dec 4 2002, 12:23 AM
Ice really sucks

cj :)
nah, ice really BLOWS

;-)))))

Vick
12-04-2002, 12:48 AM
CJ - not really into 4 wheeling but when there is snow on the ground it is hard to resist :D

One of our cars is an old Sidekick which is so small and light it will go through about anything, I've had it in 30 inches (77 centimeters) of snow and about 12 inches (30 centimeters) of Ocean while driving on the beach(was wondering how I was going to explain to my insurance company how my car ended up in the Ocean)

guess weather is like the right dress on the wrong girl
you never know what you're going to find

cj
12-04-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Dec 4 2002, 12:56 AM
CJ - not really into 4 wheeling but when there is snow on the ground it is hard to resist :D

One of our cars is an old Sidekick which is so small and light it will go through about anything, I've had it in 30 inches (77 centimeters) of snow and about 12 inches (30 centimeters) of Ocean while driving on the beach(was wondering how I was going to explain to my insurance company how my car ended up in the Ocean)

guess weather is like the right dress on the wrong girl
you never know what you're going to find
4x4ing in the snow?!!?!!?
i've seen it done, but never been in a 4x4 in the snow

we like mud ;-)

voodooman
12-04-2002, 06:02 AM
cj,

snow is much more fun and if you live around a big
city, its just as dirty as mudding.
Its amazing how your car can be clean, then get snowed
on, and when it melts, your car looks like you drove
through a mudd hole.
:yowsa:

Torone
12-04-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by voodooman@Dec 3 2002, 11:10 PM
64 degrees here yesterday.
Today, 24, and 7 inches of
the white stuff with 1-3 more
due overnight.

IM IN OKLAFUCKINGHOMA.

Makes riding a motorcycle a
little tricky.

:unsure:
Voodoo,
Quit bitchin'! Get your gun and go rabbit hunting. I know you got THOSE in the Panhandle... :snipe:

Almighty Colin
12-04-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Dec 4 2002, 12:09 AM
During the blizzard of 93, we had 3 foot drifts - AWESOME!
That was the most amazing storm. I was in Syracuse, NY at the time (snowiest metroplitan city in First time in history, Syracuse University was closed. the US). 43 inches of snow in that one storm. 5 inches in one hour. The barometric pressures were hurricane like.

Last edited by Colin at Dec 4 2002, 06:15 AM

Dianna Vesta
12-04-2002, 07:53 AM
I miss snow. I hate long winters. I had to move back to Florida and I survived my first summer here in 6 years. It wasn't that bad. Not as bad I remembered.

I'm into gardening and it sucks when you have to wait until May 31st and HOPE there's no frost. The growing season is so short.

I admit that I missed florida but I will miss the seasons changing, mountians and waterfalls.

Is it friday yet?

Dianna Vesta
12-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Colin+Dec 4 2002, 06:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 4 2002, 06:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Peaches@Dec 4 2002, 12:09 AM
During the blizzard of 93, we had 3 foot drifts - AWESOME!
That was the most amazing storm. I was in Syracuse, NY at the time (snowiest metroplitan city in First time in history, Syracuse University was closed. the US). 43 inches of snow in that one storm. 5 inches in one hour. The barometric pressures were hurricane like.[/b][/quote]
I was in lake George area when I saw my first ICE storm. I think that was 97 or 98- that massive one that took out portions of the Adirondacks and Montreal.

I've never seen anything like it before. I walked outside to let the dogs out and saw a HUGE ICE CUBE called my back yard. walking like a little old japanese woman couldn't save me from falling on my ass. Thank goodness I have lots of meat on that ass!

Then the winter that made me seriously think about moving was when it dropped 30 something below. I was visiting my son up by the boarder and watched the temp gauge on my SUV go backwards. It freaked me out. I walked across the parking lot covered in wool, sorrels that have an inch insulation, my face covered and I thought I'd pass out walking 20 feet. The wind chill was like 50 below. I've never been so cold.

No thanks!