PDA

View Full Version : Ccbills' Spam Policy

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 11:28 AM
I figured out how to get email addresses but it seem that I should be able to get a report and email my own customers, right? Anyhow, I firgured I's ask and here's my answer. Too fucking funny!

Unfortunately due to our spamming policie we do not have a report that provides email addresses. The only way to retrieve those addresses is to run a report and then copy and paste them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
PaulK.

----- Original Message -----
To: paulk
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: Question [T2002112101EEZ2093477]

A detailed transaction doesn't allow export. can I get a text file of email addresses for 900914 and 915153 ?

Thanks

Dianna

paulk <paulk@ccbill.com> wrote:

Dear Webmaster,

Sorry access to the emails through that report must only be an internal option. The best way to do it would be to run a detailed transaction report. Let me know if that doesn't work for you. You can also try the active subscriptions report.

Regards,
PaulK.

Cal
11-21-2002, 12:49 PM
I guess you better install some scripts that save their email data before you send them into ccbill. I can understand AVS systems not giving you access to customer email addresses but that is completely ridiculous. Spamming policIE? Now that you are personally liable for your IPSP account you'd think they'd treat it like it was YOUR customers. Go figure.

C.

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Cal@Nov 21 2002, 12:57 PM
I guess you better install some scripts that save their email data before you send them into ccbill. I can understand AVS systems not giving you access to customer email addresses but that is completely ridiculous. Spamming policIE? Now that you are personally liable for your IPSP account you'd think they'd treat it like it was YOUR customers. Go figure.

C.
It's on my list. I'm seting up to bill with Jettis anyhow using my own merchant account. I've had enough of this.

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 01:43 PM
OHHHHH... forgot

It's like these third party people are saying: " In essence we're your partner" which is how they get around factoring, "And therefore your customer is OUR customer and we'll do whatever we want!"

Right!

Mike AI
11-21-2002, 04:29 PM
That is pretty funny Dianna. Because I have read other message boards where people are claiming to sell the entire ccbill datbase of e-mail addresses. For your sites, my sites, and anyone else who processed for them.

Wonder how these lists get out??

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 05:18 PM
Oh I'm sure! I'd like one of those list too! They have such a turn over there.

And FYI Ibill does the same thing AND they bill for child and beastie sites. I didn't know this until recently.

It makes me wonder... do they all do this? Your data isn't safe with anyone, is it? Everyone has thier price.

Mike who do you use?

Mike AI
11-21-2002, 05:20 PM
I have been screaming from years at the top of my lungs Dianna....

Jettis and Epoch.

Jettis is most stable, tend to be a little slow. Epoch is cutting edge and agressive. A good combo.

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 21 2002, 05:28 PM
I have been screaming from years at the top of my lungs Dianna....

Jettis and Epoch.

Jettis is most stable, tend to be a little slow. Epoch is cutting edge and agressive. A good combo.
Well I haven't known you years but I DO listen and respect what you say. You must know that. There is a handful of people here that have made rethink my model. You are certainly one of them and I thank you all.