PDA

View Full Version : Websitebilling...

Winetalk.com
11-21-2002, 06:55 AM
friend of mine asked what I know about them and I don;t know much...
can anybody shed any light on them?

Cal
11-21-2002, 09:53 AM
They were okay back when we used them. Didn't seem to process quite as many transactions as other places, we ended up going back to CCBill/IBill. They had a good tech staff and were willing to work with us.

But then again this was in 1999/2000 so don't quote me on that.

I talked to one of their guys in LA, they seemed pretty competent, but I've heard ugly rumors about them and a couple others as of late.

C.

Winetalk.com
11-21-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Cal@Nov 21 2002, 10:01 AM
They were okay back when we used them. Didn't seem to process quite as many transactions as other places, we ended up going back to CCBill/IBill. They had a good tech staff and were willing to work with us.

But then again this was in 1999/2000 so don't quote me on that.

I talked to one of their guys in LA, they seemed pretty competent, but I've heard ugly rumors about them and a couple others as of late.

C.
Cal,
thanks, can you give me some idea about those rumors?

I promise to take them with a grain of salt, of course, but still would like to know

Cal
11-21-2002, 09:58 AM
A couple people on the boards who seemed to have some level of intelligence had pegged WSB as one of the first to go under after VISA. Sounded like they had inside info on some of their practices, but that's just the feeling I got. WSB and PSW were the two I saw mentioned first in the list of places teetering on the edge.

C.

Winetalk.com
11-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Cal@Nov 21 2002, 10:06 AM
A couple people on the boards who seemed to have some level of intelligence had pegged WSB as one of the first to go under after VISA. Sounded like they had inside info on some of their practices, but that's just the feeling I got. WSB and PSW were the two I saw mentioned first in the list of places teetering on the edge.

C.
yeah,
I heard it too...
due to Visa defiance, right?

Dianna Vesta
11-21-2002, 10:40 AM
I heard that too. They're in Florida and I know a few people that worked there. Same with Ibill.

Quite honestly I think they're all in trouble or third party anyhow. I think the future of this business will be companies offering services and a gateway for people with their own merchant accounts.

I like the way that Jettis and Epoch is set up. You have choices and even Ibill has a nice gateway but they just aren't keeping up with these other companies in developing new services. The recent news MikeAI posted would make me worry if I was billing with Ibill. I still do some small rebilling but it's sub TP using my own merchant accounts.

Does anyone know how many web sites were drop as a result of the new Visa regs? Any assumptions?

Monk
11-21-2002, 10:51 AM
"A couple people on the boards who seemed to have some level of intelligence had pegged WSB as one of the first to go under after VISA."

I hope you aren't referring to Hooper. Was he drinking or sober at the time?

Mutt
11-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Serge the guys from CandidCam have been with WSB forever.

I always thought it was their own company but I don't think they are, maybe they're partners in it or maybe just friends who started at the same time.

Hooper
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
fuck off monk.. i've got a better understanding of this business when i'm drunk then when you are sober... so i wouldnt be so fast to throw insults out there.

i can always sober up, but you'll still be an idiotic lapdog in the morning.

back to the discussion however. wsb has a good 900 billing solution that we still use but we wont touch their cc processing because we dont want to violate visa regs... just because somebody tells you they are safe because of their business model doesnt mean they know what they're doing.

Monk
11-21-2002, 05:22 PM
"i can always sober up"

yes, and I'm sure you cherish those 3 hours each week.

:nyanya:

President
11-21-2002, 05:28 PM
I used them for awhile with both their merchant account and my own, cool interface they have, but I had too many problems with their scripts not adding the users to our sites.

Eventually we left them due to technical difficulties.

Many moons later we got quite a few chargebacks, but since it was a long time ago, I figure their fraud screening was not up to par back then.

Mike AI
11-21-2002, 05:43 PM
President, good to see you finally got a decent Avatar!!

:rolleyes: :P B) :angry: :) :blink: :yowsa: :agrin:

President
11-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Why thanks Mikey :agrin:

E-Randy
11-22-2002, 06:00 PM
I used them as a secondary a couple of years back. I sent my declines from Epoch there and it actually worked pretty well. I don't have a clue about their stability now but I heard they were hurting at one point because of excessive cb's? I had decided to use Epoch as my primary instead and low and behold "We will be holding your sales for the month of September" Picking a 3rd party processor is like playing roulette!

Dianna Vesta
11-22-2002, 07:08 PM
:shooter: :butt:

Sorry had to check these out.

bpj
11-22-2002, 10:14 PM
E-Randy, who do you do your ACH with? I know these guys that know how to spin straw into gold! ;-)))

ACHdebit.com - THE ANSWER for Checks! (http://achdebit.com) :rokk: