PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Peta

Almighty Colin
11-16-2002, 05:50 AM
Read the last sentence in the quote below.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/15/victorias...peta/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/15/victorias.peta/index.html)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Four fur protesters rushed the catwalk at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show taping Thursday night as Gisele Bundchen was on the stage, holding signs denouncing the supermodel's support of fur.

Event security staff whisked the women off the catwalk, but not before at least one of them managed to walk the length of it behind the 22-year-old lingerie-clad Brazilian beauty.

The printed signs read "Gisele: Fur Scum" and included the logo for PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Bundchen appeared surprised but continued walking.

The fashion show was being taped at The Armory in Manhattan for a November 20 broadcast on CBS. Producers stopped the music and redid Bundchen's segment after the protesters were removed.

Bundchen recently became the spokesmodel for fur designer Blackglama, but she told CNN the protest was unwarranted.

"I'm the biggest animal lover in the world," she said backstage after the show. "I was just doing my job. I'm a model. I don't even wear fur. They just want attention."

The fashion show featured only faux fur.

Winetalk.com
11-16-2002, 05:54 AM
Zhora and Sonia sent their yearly contribution to PETA already
;-)

LadyLaw
11-16-2002, 05:59 AM
Colin:

The Peta protest (over a faux fur fashion show) is a beautiful example of "full heart, empty head"....

mojobill
11-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Nothing PETA does suprises me.....

When I owned my hunting store several years ago, I had an article on the wall for my patrons to read.. it was from one of the major mags... the PETA quote from their then president was something like this:

We value the life of an ant the same as the life of a child...

Almighty Colin
11-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by fatbaby@Nov 16 2002, 09:12 AM
Nothing PETA does suprises me.....

When I owned my hunting store several years ago, I had an article on the wall for my patrons to read.. it was from one of the major mags... the PETA quote from their then president was something like this:

We value the life of an ant the same as the life of a child...
I like ants, but not that much.

What do ants have to do with the price of tea in China? (http://www.buildinganempire.com/gold.html)

sarettah
11-16-2002, 09:32 AM
I myself am a card carrying member of the "other" PETA

People For Eating Tasty Animals

:inlove:

cj
11-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Colin, excellent breakdown of how the economy works, now THAT'S good reading ;-)

Almighty Colin
11-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Cj, thanks! :-)

"laissez faire" rules.

Cal
11-16-2002, 01:48 PM
PETA is out of control. I was watching a story yesterday on one of their fringe groups in New Jersey. They were putting up websites with addresses of the researchers in one particular lab, calling their investors, throwing ballons/paint at them, etc.

They were using the tactics (minus the killing) of pro-life groups. I don't advocate any violence by radical/reactionary organizations, but the for-profit researchers and investors sure were pissed that they suddenly had their addresses on a website! I guess now they know how the abortion doctors have felt for 10+ years.

C.

Danielle
11-16-2002, 03:36 PM
I loved the way the models just ignored them and never missed a step.

Hugs,
Danielle