PDA

View Full Version : New Internet Explorer

DynaMite
11-15-2002, 08:34 AM
I just heard that in the new update/version of Internet Explorer it is not
possible to have other than full size windows.....(consoles) I have not
installed the update myself...but I was told by someone who did update
that all popups/consoles are now full size

Does anyone know about this.....and is there a workaround.....stylesheets maybe?

DynaMite :(

Winetalk.com
11-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by DynaMite@Nov 15 2002, 08:42 AM
I just heard that in the new update/version of Internet Explorer it is not
possible to have other than full size windows.....(consoles) I have not
installed the update myself...but I was told by someone who did update
that all popups/consoles are now full size

Does anyone know about this.....and is there a workaround.....stylesheets maybe?

DynaMite :(
when did Microsoft release new version of IE?

DynaMite
11-15-2002, 08:42 AM
I have no clue...Iīm installing the IE Service Pack 1 from last september
now....to find out......as I said...I donīt know if itīs true....it was brought
to my attention....Iīm trying to find out myself now.....will let you know
if itīs really true

DynaMite

Mutt
11-15-2002, 09:33 AM
freakin scary what Microsoft could do being that they have over 90% of the browser market.

so far they have been fairly benign, that SmartWord (something like that) shit is the kinda stuff they are thinking about.

J B
11-15-2002, 10:13 AM
I installed IE6 SP1 on one of our machines last month... had a lot of javascript errors and yes... full size consoles... don't know if all consoles were full size though as I uninstalled it a few minutes later... I just thought our system was fucked up and that the full size consoles were connected to the other javascript errors I got.

Well, I guess it's time to take a closer look at this...

funkmaster
11-15-2002, 10:28 AM
yes, I did expirience similar stuff, here is a good example:

http://www.codelifter.com/main/javascript/...lesspopup1.html (http://www.codelifter.com/main/javascript/amazingframelesspopup1.html)

... with the new explorer you just get a fullpage console, I hope this is just a bug and will get fixed ...

Edd
11-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Which is all the reason why I stay AWAY from MS service pack shite - I've got IE 6.0.2600 and it works JUST fine with NORMAL popups and everything... no need to mess it up with some lame SP update. MS has NEVER EVER EVER gotten ANY of their SP updates right on the first release - not for XP anyway... :blink:

J B
11-15-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Edd@Nov 15 2002, 07:41 AM
Which is all the reason why I stay AWAY from MS service pack shite - I've got IE 6.0.2600 and it works JUST fine with NORMAL popups and everything... no need to mess it up with some lame SP update. MS has NEVER EVER EVER gotten ANY of their SP updates right on the first release - not for XP anyway... :blink:
Well, we always install the latest updates and service packs to see what they are like. In this case it might be really important as we use blur consoles on hundreds of our sites. Now, if many surfers update their IE and get these blur consoles as full size consoles that wouldn't be good...

Edd
11-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by J B+Nov 15 2002, 10:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J B @ Nov 15 2002, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Edd@Nov 15 2002, 07:41 AM
Well, we always install the latest updates and service packs to see what they are like. In this case it might be really important as we use blur consoles on hundreds of our sites. Now, if many surfers update their IE and get these blur consoles as full size consoles that wouldn't be good...[/b][/quote]
Good point, JB! :wnw:

-= JR =-
11-15-2002, 10:51 AM
considering the wide use of popups outside of adult, i really done see them trying to screw with them. the difference between 90%+ market share and 25% is just one dumb move that inadvertantly causes the sheep to change directions.

:bwave:

DynaMite
11-15-2002, 11:07 AM
I feel a pearl coming my way..... :yowsa:

On a serious sidenote...I just installed SP1 as far as I can see now....
Itīs the unchromed windows that are a problem....which was a bug in
MSIE that they have fixed.

Iīve seen fixed sized popups with SP1 but it not sure if everything works
ok yet....it seems to have more javascript issues.......to be continued

DynaMite

funkmaster
11-15-2002, 12:17 PM
"Iīve seen fixed sized popups with SP1 but it not sure if everything works"

... yes, some work ... some donīt.

... edd, I have java-script disabled by default, so I would care less about it ... but like JB said, itīs all about what surfers see ... and I guess most didnīt bother messing with the ms autoupdate functions ... so they get things installed as soon as updates are available ...