PDA

View Full Version : Do You Recycle?

Almighty Colin
11-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Do you recycle? Well ...

I don't. I can't be bothered. My non-eco plastics don't harm the environment. They just make it dirty somewhere. Are there still laws pertaining to recycling in the home? I don't have a blue bin.

Vick
11-14-2002, 12:08 PM
I don't recycle .....
but think that convicts should be given the job of wading thorough trash to pull out recyclables

Almighty Colin
11-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Nov 14 2002, 12:16 PM
I don't recycle .....
but think that convicts should be given the job of wading thorough trash to pull out recyclables
White collar criminals or blue?

Edd
11-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Colin - the "orange jumpsuit" knows nothing of such socio-economic classifiers... :awinky:

And I have a blue bin, but only use it when I think about it!

wig
11-14-2002, 12:12 PM
I have seen trash services pick up trash where they dump the blue bin recyclables in the same place as the other trash. :blink:

Almighty Colin
11-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Wig - really? Private trash service or public?

Vick
11-14-2002, 12:18 PM
White collar criminals or blue?

Both
But White Collar would be very amusing

wig
11-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Nov 14 2002, 12:25 PM
Wig - really? Private trash service or public?
If I remember correctly, it was Waste Management. They are a very large private service.

In Ellijay, we have free trash disposal of household trash at the dump (most ppl take their own). There is only one guy that has a service in my area and he hand picks your trash bags out of the trash can and tosses them in his truck. But, he will not take any non household or unbagged trash.

I can't complain because he is like 10 bucks a month and he drives up my steep driveway to get it. Only prob is that he sends me a coupon book, where I have to remember to clip the coupon and mail the check each month.

I have tried to get him to accept ACH, but to no avail. :(

voodooman
11-14-2002, 12:44 PM
In NY, I had to, but here in the great state of Oklahoma, NOWAY.

Just put everything in a big dumpster behind your house and
go on.

Although I live in the country, so I have to burn everything.