PDA

View Full Version : Finally A Good Sopranos Episode!

Mike AI
11-10-2002, 09:04 PM
Good espisode.... I will not say anything else until you guys out on the Westcoast get to see it.

:)

LeeNoga
11-10-2002, 09:06 PM
MikieAI, I was just saying, I should start a Soprano thread because tonight was impressive! Its about time, the season has been lame.

I won't say great minds think alike, you still get into way more trouble than I do :-)))

{huggles}

Mike AI
11-10-2002, 09:13 PM
HAHA You know what Lee, the scary part is we tend to agree on most issue....

But lets not let anyone else know! :awinky:

MikeW
11-10-2002, 09:25 PM
MOTHERFUCKIN' A!!! ... After watching all season long and not being impressed, I must say they are starting to redeem themselves ;-))

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

C.Y.E. was also a riot this week ;-)))

-DX-
11-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MikeW@Nov 10 2002, 10:33 PM
MOTHERFUCKIN' A!!! ... After watching all season long and not being impressed, I must say they are starting to redeem themselves ;-))

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

C.Y.E. was also a riot this week ;-)))
indeed.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Ralphie's prank call to Paulie's mom was the best part hahahaha! a classic!

:rokk: :rokk: :rokk: :rokk:

Peaches
11-10-2002, 09:37 PM
OK, everyone be quiet! Or maybe I could just learn some self control and not read this thread......:D

I was recording Law and Order at 9, watching Mulholland Drive, and I'm watching/recording (in case I fall asleep) the west coast feed of Sopranos :rolleyes:

I need to bring the DirecTV feed in from the basement so I can watch and record different channels........and I still can't get the damn TiVo to change the channel :angry: My next step is to try the tin foil like Esa had to do!

-DX-
11-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Mulholland Drive ... the movie i stick in the dvd player when i'm having trouble sleeping... works every time.. haven't made it past the 45 minute mark yet.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 09:44 PM
DX - you need to post a few more times bro .. for some reason I'm having a hard time seeing your name with 'assclown' posted under it ... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Peaches
11-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Mulholland Drive ... the movie i stick in the dvd player when i'm having trouble sleeping... works every time.. haven't made it past the 45 minute mark yet.

Yeah, I have it on pause for now....Bettie's at her audition and I got a phone call and now it's too close to news time to get back into it :D David Lynch is interesting, but I could edit about 1/2 out of his movies and probably understand them more. I did get a kick out the "Gene Clean" name for the pool cleaning guy :agrin: (and was that Billy Ray Cyrus??!!!)

-DX-
11-10-2002, 09:50 PM
can't post too much.. this place hurts my eyes...
it's in dire need of a good skinning.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 10 2002, 10:58 PM
I didn't do the colors/layout and have no stake in the place, but I thought it looked pretty decent myself ;-)

and if it hurts your eyes too much, well just take a look at Serge's ass avatar ... that will fix things right up for you ;-)))))

:rokk:

-DX-
11-10-2002, 09:57 PM
i'm too lazy to keep posting.. that means i'd have to keep reading to follow up..
hell.. i still haven't put up a design site.. or a portfolio.. and i've been doing that since '96.... now that's some hardcore laziness.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 10 2002, 11:05 PM
hell.. i still haven't put up a design site.. or a portfolio.. and i've been doing that since '96.... now that's some hardcore laziness.
Yeah but you're still the man when it comes to top notch designs, so what does it matter ;-))) in fact thats WHY you don't need to put up your own site hehe

-DX-
11-10-2002, 10:09 PM
no.. you're the man..
:rokk:

too bad many of the actually good original designers are getting drowned in a sea of obscurity by what seems to be an endless supply of clone designers.

-DX-
11-10-2002, 10:10 PM
there... ass clown no more.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 10 2002, 11:17 PM
too bad many of the actually good original designers are getting drowned in a sea of obscurity by what seems to be an endless supply of clone designers.
no shit .... just found a guy the other day that had MY work in his portfolio and claiming it as his own ..

-DX-
11-10-2002, 10:17 PM
i've lost count of how many CE rips i've come across over the years..

but saddest thing of all is having an ad at adult staffing looking to hire designers, and having several of the respondants sending me links to MY work and claiming it as their own.

MikeW
11-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 10 2002, 11:25 PM
i've lost count of how many CE rips i've come across over the years..
haha me too!!! I see them all the time, you've got the most copied design in all of adult internet history I do believe ...

-DX-
11-10-2002, 10:35 PM
quite possible..

i still come across rips from versions i did years ago..

Last edited by -DX- at Nov 10 2002, 11:43 PM

Cal
11-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Sopranos is shown at 6 pm on the west coast as well, check HBO Extreme I think it is (I get the 7-8 HBO channels on digi cable, not sure who gets HBOE.) They actually show most things, including O'Reilly, and other non-network shows twice on channels who don't have a packed schedule. That goes for other HBO shows, Showtime, etc.

Kind of annoying that the west coast gets more repetitive programming, i.e. we have nothing to watch at 9 pm if we happened to watch it at 6 pm, but I guess the weather makes up for it.

C.

VooMan
11-10-2002, 11:31 PM
I hoped I was going to see a Sunday night Soprano's report from MikeAI... :-)))

I must say it was better than usual. Good episode, and about damn time.

:yowsa:

KC
11-10-2002, 11:40 PM
This is how they did last season too...

the begging episodes are laying all kinds of groundwork for the drama that's about to unfold... I think next week's will be even better. :)

I had faith all along ;)

Billy
11-10-2002, 11:56 PM
Now that was a good show !

I hated Ralph !

Not sure who I want to go next : )

KC
11-11-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Nov 11 2002, 12:04 AM
Now that was a good show !

I hated Ralph !

Not sure who I want to go next : )
Paulie is gone next...

Christopher is going to find out that Tony lied to him about the man he said killed his father. Watch for "Chrissy" to go on a rampage!

Cal
11-11-2002, 02:41 AM
Yeah I never understood why Silvio was going behind Tony's back on that construction job, Paulie I guess I can understand. Both are pretty scummy.

I don't think Chris would care even if the guy didn't kill his father, I got the feeling he was more concerned with feeling avenged. I could be wrong but I don't think he'd overlook what Tony has done for him (as Ralphie did) over something like that.

C.

Dianna Vesta
11-11-2002, 06:30 AM
I agree. It had some action and back to the true Soprano flare.

Mutt
11-11-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 10 2002, 08:58 PM

the color scheme here is pretty subdued and muted.

would you prefer yellow and orange or white text on a black background?

Almighty Colin
11-11-2002, 07:53 AM
Yeah. Much better. A little murder never hurts.

Last edited by Colin at Nov 11 2002, 08:01 AM

VooMan
11-11-2002, 09:10 AM
SweetT and I were doing our usual Soprano's wrapup last night, and we agree...

Tony's all set on his right hand being a blood relative, so he picks Christopher. Christopher is hooked on heroine... not good.

Paulie has been wavering for a while. He *used* to be my hero, but I have decided to turn in my grey streaks. haha

Furio is looking to get himeslef killed with his feelings for Carmela.

And thank God, Ralphie is now (finally) swimming with the fishes.

Silvio tested Tony the one time, to see how much trouble he would get into and to find out exactly where he stood. He is by far the most stable of the group... Silvio (and his lips) should be the one Tony speaks through...

Side Note: Tony's new "gumar" has a great ass. haha

-DX-
11-11-2002, 09:19 AM

agreed..

personally i prefer the black on white or white on black scenerio.. but there is a lot more to a skin than the colors ; )

not sure if Invasion board supports user selectable styles as vB does, but if it does, it might be something to consider if the option is available.

LeeNoga
11-11-2002, 09:35 AM
In real life Paulie was diagnosed with cancer during this seasons filming, and thats why they had his storyline in jail in the beginnning of the season, they were able to pre-shoot some scenes so he could leave the show for treatment. In real life he is an interesting character, he has really done some jail time in real life :-)

The show has flare, and damn if mid December don't mark the end of Season 4. Wah.

Last edited by LeeNoga at Nov 11 2002, 06:44 AM

Edd
11-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by -DX-@Nov 11 2002, 09:27 AM

agreed..

personally i prefer the black on white or white on black scenerio.. but there is a lot more to a skin than the colors ; )

not sure if Invasion board supports user selectable styles as vB does, but if it does, it might be something to consider if the option is available.
It does, DX and its something that we're working on! It actually supports MULTIPLE skins that the users can choose from at will! IF you were of the skinning mind, let me know and I'll send you the templates - we need all the skins we can get, and I can't make them all! :awinky:

AND yes, its about time we had a KILLER Soprano's episode!

Chris freaking out about the wig was a good scene... and I think after spending his day with Tony disposing of the evidence he's gonna clean up his act. :woo:

Billy
11-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by VooMan@Nov 11 2002, 09:18 AM
Paulie has been wavering for a while. He *used* to be my hero, but I have decided to turn in my grey streaks. haha

Shit how I am going to recognize you now :(

JFK
11-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Seems Like everyone is on the same wave length, about the decline of the show this season! Its about time they done something decent like this last episode! Tried to watch it on satelite on Sunday nite, but we had a huge storm so I got my fill last nite. Too bad they only have a few episodes left!

LeeNoga
11-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Not only do we have a few episodes left, I scanned the cable TV guide ahead and next week is focused on Tony's visit with Dr. Melfie :(

*YAWN*

JFK
11-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LeeNoga@Nov 12 2002, 09:03 AM
Not only do we have a few episodes left, I scanned the cable TV guide ahead and next week is focused on Tony's visit with Dr. Melfie :(

*YAWN*
I wonder , if they are finally going to get it on......or just keep the tension going :P