PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual Art By Vanessa Tiegs

dokk
11-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Just when you *thought* you had seen it all. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/spiralingmoon/)

mojobill
11-07-2002, 03:34 PM
ugh...thats just wrong! ;-)

Peaches
11-07-2002, 03:38 PM
There goes my lunch........ :o

MikeW
11-07-2002, 03:40 PM
DoKK, I'm not sure whats more disturbing .. the fact that you found that link .. or the fact that there's an entire forum dedicated to that shit .. lol
http://www.livejournal.com/users/blood_art/
:blink:

voodooman
11-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Its only blood.

:nyanya:

cj
11-07-2002, 06:50 PM
whose blood does she use?!?!?

i wonder if she asks for contributions from her friends during her 'off cycle' ...

voodooman
11-07-2002, 06:51 PM
I love the painted named, When you find Love.

hahahahha :zoinks:

Cleo
11-07-2002, 07:53 PM
I get about one menstrual site a month submitted to me, they are usually AVS sites for some reason. Personally I think it's less gross then piss or cum sites, but I just add all the body waste sites into my "Just plan nasty" category.

cj
11-07-2002, 08:00 PM
cleo!!!!
where have you been!!!!

i agree, if its body waste, its meant to be flushed, not looked at!!

Cleo
11-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by cj@Nov 7 2002, 08:08 PM
cleo!!!!
where have you been!!!!
I'm always around, I just hate the new threaded board. I really miss the gumbo of conversation that went on at the old board.

You can always find me at my board,
http://opranosearch.com/msgboard/

I do wish that Oprano had gone with board software that gives the option of viewing threaded or flat like this board,
http://www.adultnetsurprise.com/multiforum...ard/index.phtml (http://www.adultnetsurprise.com/multiforum/linkmsgboard/index.phtml)
I'm often over here as well.

Mutt
11-08-2002, 02:50 AM
i miss some things about the old board too Cleo.

But i just checked out that Netsurprise board and it's too confusing, it's either an unthreaded board or a threaded board. You can't do both even if the software will let you display it both ways.

If fact i bet this software could easily be modified to spit out all messages unthreaded, it would be a mess though.

I'm hoping people will use the Small Talk permanently pinned thread like the old board.

Lots of people like this new board better, some don't like it at all, lots of people in between.

-= JR =-
11-08-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by cj@Nov 7 2002, 08:08 PM
cleo!!!!
where have you been!!!!

i agree, if its body waste, its meant to be flushed, not looked at!!
interestingly enough i was at a very large museum in Europe the other day and each time i am in a museum, i find myself asking "what is art". For example, there are endless examples like the Picasso Museum in Paris... i personally dont feel that something any 3 year old can pound out during commercial break while watching Barney is "art".

the bigger thing that drives me nuts is the wealth of meaning, depth and expression people would find in a canvas that i accidentally drove over with my car, then wiped my ass with. it could spawn centuries of debate about my brilliance, my ability to capture this element and that... the bold statements i made about culture, society and how maybe it was all a suggestive statement about the turmoil of years of civil war in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the fall of the Soviet Union... when really i just needed some toilet paper.

when i become Supreme Dictator and Traffic Master of the Planet, my "to do" list includes defining "art" for the masses.
:blink:

cj
11-08-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by -= JR =-@Nov 8 2002, 06:03 AM
personally dont feel that something any 3 year old can pound out during commercial break while watching Barney is "art".

when i become Supreme Dictator and Traffic Master of the Planet, my "to do" list includes defining "art" for the masses.
Picasso's brilliance was not in his splashes of color, it was in his ability to convince the world, even after his death, that those splashes of color are art.

same goes for menstrual woman ... i guess she's convinced enough people ;-)

You can't define art ... that's why its put into the category called 'art'. If its a building its architecture, if its flowers its called a garden, all the wierd shit that doesn't fit into a category is art!

-= JR =-
11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by cj+Nov 8 2002, 07:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Nov 8 2002, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin---= JR =-@Nov 8 2002, 06:03 AM
personally dont feel that something any 3 year old can pound out during commercial break while watching Barney is "art".

Picasso's brilliance was not in his splashes of color, it was in his ability to convince the world, even after his death, that those splashes of color are art.

same goes for menstrual woman ... i guess she's convinced enough people ;-)

You can't define art ... that's why its put into the category called 'art'. If its a building its architecture, if its flowers its called a garden, all the wierd shit that doesn't fit into a category is art![/b][/quote]
ok.... i will create two categories for the masses.

"art"
and
"goofy crap called art - that seemingly exists only to annoy, disgust and provoke people"

we will only actively sensor the second category.

cj
11-08-2002, 08:09 AM
in that category should be 'blobs' ... you know the big blobs of curvy steel they put in parks and they call it some corny name like 'goddess sunbaking' or 'trees in the wind'

Cleo
11-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Mutt@Nov 8 2002, 02:58 AM
But i just checked out that Netsurprise board and it's too confusing, it's either an unthreaded board or a threaded board. You can't do both even if the software will let you display it both ways.

I'm hoping people will use the Small Talk permanently pinned thread like the old board.

I don't find it confusing at all. I always view it flat, but I'm sure to click on the proper post reply link in case they are viewing it threaded.

As for using the Small Talk board like the old board it's not the same. For one thing it posts the messages from top to bottom so you have to first scroll past all the old messages to find where you are at. This can't be good for the sponsors since all the Flash has not even begun to load before I've already started scrolling down and never even see any of it. The only way that I even noticed the Serge one is when it started making noise, but then I closed the browser window without watching it so that I could kill the sound.

The other problem is Oprano is not a help board, threaded boards are great for this, it is the water cooler chat area so since I only have time to look at one tread per stop we end up talking about board changes in Menstrual Art threads and I never even look in at the small talk thread.

Last edited by Cleo at Nov 8 2002, 09:40 AM

-= JR =-
11-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by cj@Nov 8 2002, 08:17 AM
in that category should be 'blobs' ... you know the big blobs of curvy steel they put in parks and they call it some corny name like 'goddess sunbaking' or 'trees in the wind'
yes, "blobular art" will be on the list. we will also have an "appropriate title clause" that may effect which category the alleged "art" will go into.

Art that is innapropriately named such as a the Robert Maplethorpe series of photos showing a guy with a huge bullwhip up his ass, yet titled "reflecting on my life"... would be immediately renamed to

"some weird fucker with something in his butt - category II art."

LeeNoga
11-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Cleo I understand what you are saying, there are both advantages and disadadvantages going threaded.

There is alot more noise and so little time to peruse the threads for something of interest. Sometimes the topic of the thread is not really the booty being talked about. Often times a thread takes off in a different frame of mind but goes "un-noticed" because the topic title is not suggestive of where it has evolved to now and gets overlooked--

The evolution of boards over the years has lost alot of the posters who really were interesting to watch/read. Webmasters that stick to boards are used to threaded boards as a result of GFY, and with alot of the board vets gone it makes sense to cater to the new "eyeballs".

These eyeballs clearly perfer nude pix, talk of Jenna Jameson etc [water cooler chatter], and not real keen to develop intellectual convo's. But this can be somewhat interceeded by the board steering into some "good stuff" and create the taste which ups the mentality of participation in inellectual threads.

Hands down Oprano as a whole has the most diversifed threads going, and not a ton of lead in questions to start threads

"What do you think...."
"Whats your favorite...."
"Where are you...."
"Why should we.."
"Who thinks that.."

It comes down to the profile of the community which will influence the level of intellect of the threaded boards that will appeal to the readership.

Oprano has alot of strong background ppl and the flatboard could not house all the input, its like trying to stick 100 ppl into a volkswagon.

Edd
11-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mutt@Nov 8 2002, 02:58 AM
i miss some things about the old board too Cleo.

If fact i bet this software could easily be modified to spit out all messages unthreaded, it would be a mess though.

Lots of people like this new board better, some don't like it at all, lots of people in between.
Not to go off on a rant here: Theres lots of room for growth and change for us with the new board format - the software is being revised, and there are a myriad of "hacks" that other users have written for it. We ARE working and researching to bring more features to everyone at Oprano, but the biggest problem is time. It just takes time. Time to study the OOP format the board was programmed in and how all the templates and php pages work in concert with the database to "present" the pages, Time to track down and implement the right "hacks" from 3rd party programmers. Time.

For me, development at Oprano is a "when I can get to it" sort of thing - I have a full-time job that requires most all of my day. My full-time job is NOT working on Oprano. I try to squeeze in what I can when I can for Oprano.

And you're bang on, Mutt - Lots of people DO like this new board better, and some don't like it at all. This is what we've got, and we're going with it. :awinky:

NOW, as far as ART goes, JR - I think for the most part its subjective and entirely up to the "consensus of the times". Most people think Picasso is art. You have to remember that art is a "personal" expression - that is, it is that person's expression of feelings or emotions of his perceptions.

And that being said, its only "art" if some moron is willing to pay for it! :awinky: