PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Just Be Kc Anymore?

KC
11-06-2002, 02:46 AM
I don't like the 3 character minimum name.

I can no longer be KC....

I think this is discrimination against those of us with a 2 letter handle. I for one will not stand for it any longer. I hope other 2 letter handle's join me in the uprising!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

-KC

Mike AI
11-06-2002, 02:50 AM
Oh shit, I know CJ wants in on this riot!!!

Hey folks, attack Ed... its all his fault!! :unsure:

Ed - if you are out there see what we can do for these fine folks! :agrin:

KC
11-06-2002, 02:53 AM
The man responsible is a 2 letter also???

Ed, you sold us all out.... How can you look at yourself in the mirror?!?!

cj
11-06-2002, 02:56 AM
KC, I've already nagged the hell out of upper management but the corporate approval process around here is hell!!

Us 2 letter names are going on strike one of these days.
why should we be -cj- or Paycounter KC ?!!?!?!

complete discrimination.

KC
11-06-2002, 03:01 AM
I expect to hear from the following people as well:

- PK
- RB
- KB
- KK
- JR
- EZ
- DJ
- TJ
- MJ
- JT
- XX
- YY
- ZZ

We're not going to stand for it any longer.

Mike AI
11-06-2002, 03:03 AM
KC is building a coalition - a popular revolt to the 2 letter handle base.

Time to start making these people happy.... come on Edd

:yowsa: :yowsa:

cj
11-06-2002, 03:07 AM
KC, you and I have been fighting this fight together through many message boards. To be so blatantly insulted in our home ground is just apalling.

Lets hope we don't have to round up the masses and that Ed will correct his discriminatory ways!

KC
11-06-2002, 03:10 AM
I've discovered that Ed has added an extra D to his name... he thinks he's not one of us.

Should we all just go around slapping extra letters on our nicks??

should I be KCC?

CJJ, what you think?

KC
11-06-2002, 03:12 AM
I just got off the phone with the ACLU's top human rights attorney. He will be in Philly tomorrow morning asking the high court for a TRO to stop the madness immediately.

-KCC

cj
11-06-2002, 03:14 AM
its hardly the same is it!!!

especially seeing mine is INITIALS for CARLA JAYNE!!!!

but yes, ed-d is ashamed of his 2 character name. and he wants us all to hide too!!!

PK
11-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Damn right you'll hear from me too ;) I'm PK.. not -PK- or ~PK~ or anything else. Heck I can't even do a search on these type boards for just my PK alone.. I have to do *PK* cause the searches require 4 letters.. so I get things like pumPKin for results. :sniffle: :sob: :whine:

Last edited by PersianKitty at Nov 6 2002, 07:25 AM

Ambergirl
11-06-2002, 09:24 AM
KC, maybe you should change your handle to, Bongo Boy!
:agrin:

Billy
11-06-2002, 09:26 AM
KC !!!

I feel your pain and trust me I have always believed that EDD is out to stir trouble it's in his blood !!

When he was little they kids at school use to tease him about only have two letters in his name "ED" that is why he now goes by "EDD"

So I guess you should be KCC like you said !!

:agrin:

Edd
11-06-2002, 09:27 AM
Ok, ok - calm down people.... everyone just take a moment and breath....

better? ok. As this is the first I've been made aware of any problems regarding names (CJ you should know better than to go to serge or mike with techincal problems!) I'll see what I can do to pander to you people. :)

Billy
11-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Edd I don't think you see the problem it's NOT that you can fix the problem it's that YOU made a problem and did not think of the VERY important people like CJ, KC, PK. As much as you talk about CJ I cannot belive that you did not make sure her two letters would work !

I am going to have Mike leave you locked up to the desk all weekend just because you deserve to be punished !!

Edd
11-06-2002, 11:00 AM
And how will that be different from any other weekend, Billy? :rolleyes:

I've found 2 possible "workarounds" for you people who just can't live without your 2-letter names.... Unfortunately, there is NO way for you to do it from your personal "Control Panel" in the forum. UserName is set at signup and cannot be changed by the user like email and avatar settings.

First - I can just make you a NEW account with your 2-letter name of choice, and you will then have to login and re-enter all your info. This is certainly the safest way - not to mention the simplest - I'd rather do it this way as we can handle it thru the PM system on the board.

Second - I CAN edit your username in the database on the server - while thats a little trickier, you won't have to re-enter any settings - you'll just have to logout, let me change it, and then use your new username to login. I don't think we'll mess anything up doing it that way, but you never know... :huh:

So, anyone wishing to change their handle to 2 letters - CJ, KC, JR, PK - just send me a PM and we can get started.

Tonda_WEGCash
11-06-2002, 11:36 AM
You realize the reason it was set at three letters right?

E - D - D ....looks like three letters to me. He always thinks about himself and no one else!

;)

Edd
11-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tonda_WEGCash@Nov 6 2002, 11:44 AM
You realize the reason it was set at three letters right?

E - D - D ....looks like three letters to me. He always thinks about himself and no one else!

;)
Et tu, Tonda?

you :inlove: BITCH!! :grrr: :inlove:

:rolleyes: hey come on, I had NOTHING to do with the writing of the software! :eninja:

PK
11-06-2002, 12:49 PM
<<<-------- Wheeeeeeeeee

KC
11-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Edd@Nov 6 2002, 11:08 AM
And how will that be different from any other weekend, Billy? :rolleyes:

I've found 2 possible "workarounds" for you people who just can't live without your 2-letter names.... Unfortunately, there is NO way for you to do it from your personal "Control Panel" in the forum. UserName is set at signup and cannot be changed by the user like email and avatar settings.

First - I can just make you a NEW account with your 2-letter name of choice, and you will then have to login and re-enter all your info. This is certainly the safest way - not to mention the simplest - I'd rather do it this way as we can handle it thru the PM system on the board.

Second - I CAN edit your username in the database on the server - while thats a little trickier, you won't have to re-enter any settings - you'll just have to logout, let me change it, and then use your new username to login. I don't think we'll mess anything up doing it that way, but you never know... :huh:

So, anyone wishing to change their handle to 2 letters - CJ, KC, JR, PK - just send me a PM and we can get started.
So Can we setup new accounts with 2 letters now?

KC
11-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks Ed-d!!

Edd
11-06-2002, 01:35 PM
No problem, KC! ANYTHING to make you whiney-assed titty-babies happy! :wnw:

[QUOTE]So Can we setup new accounts with 2 letters now?[QUOTE]

Actually, NO. Only the ADMIN can overide the limit in the signup form. I'm still searching thru the code that would allow a new member to use just 3 characters, as the limit is posed by the posting script and there is no "off switch" in the system settings for the limit. But I can override it for new signups, or just alter your names in the database (as I've done for KC and PK).

T-Rav
11-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey Edd, maybe you could help me out :)

I like to do searches for my nick so I can remember what threads I posted on. However, I can't search for T-Rav. It always comes up with an error. I wonder if it has to do with the (-) in the name? I can search for Edd, and it works. I can search for Serge, all I get are pictures of goats...but that's another story...

Bama
11-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Edd,

Look in the register.php file where it has this:

//+--------------------------------------------
//| Check for errors in the input.
//+--------------------------------------------

if (empty($in_username)) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'no_username' ) );
if (strlen($in_username) < 3) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'username_short' ) );
if (strlen($in_username) > 32) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'username_long' ) );

if (empty($in_password)) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'pass_blank' ) );
if (strlen($in_password) < 3) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'pass_too_short' ) );
if (strlen($in_password) > 32) $std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'pass_too_long' ) );

Change the 3's to 1's and you should eliminate the problem - though I'm no techie and it might crash the internet if you do :wnw:

Edd
11-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks bama!;) I saw that but wanted to be doubly sure that there was only one place where it checked the limit - just in case - I don't want things to come up and bite me on the ass! Damaging the registration process would be VERY bad! :D

Mike AI
11-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Glad we found a solution to make all the 2 letter people happy.

I got some threatening anonymous e-mails, and someone cut off a horse head and put it in my bed!!

:yowsa:

KC
11-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 6 2002, 03:49 PM
Glad we found a solution to make all the 2 letter people happy.

I got some threatening anonymous e-mails, and someone cut off a horse head and put it in my bed!!

:yowsa:
Actually, If you look closer at the anon emails, I think they mention something about a series 1 headlight in your bed!

cj
11-06-2002, 04:48 PM
mike, it wasn't me ... the apm only leaves prawn heads ;-)))

>>No problem, KC! ANYTHING to make you whiney-assed titty-babies happy!

edd, don't make it worse now!!!!
your still barely out of the shit!!!

cj
11-06-2002, 05:52 PM
:inlove:

edd fixed it ;-)

now i can be cj again!!!