PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got Spammed From Oprano

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Someone is using opranp new board to spam.... look what I just got. WTF....

[QUOTE]Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:56:09 -0800
kdriscoll@1stworks.com
To:
michael@oprano.com

Mike AI,

hotComm Kevin has sent you this email from http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php.

HEAR and SEE me talk to you LIVE without even downloading an executable. Go to: http://kevin-driscoll.im-live.com/im-live/?g3 Invite thousands of your friends to connect with us both at http://relay.im-live.com/im-live/?-rm=sales hotComm is- secure full motion Video with Voice - 65,000+ clients simultaneously - reduce bandwidth charges- WebCam control with pan/tilt/3X Zoomwww.hotcomm.com/adultkevin@hotComm.com 508-877-9973 Cell: 617-901-6232

---------------------------------------------------
Please note that IBForums has no control over the
contents of this message.
---------------------------------------------------

THAT IS FUCKING SAD!!! :devil: :devil:

MikeW
11-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Mike, I was JUST getting ready to forward it to you as well. I just got the same thing. I remember the other day someone was asking/posting about this driscoll character and I've heard of him before but couldn't place the name ...

:grrr:

MikeW
11-01-2002, 10:23 PM
I was going to start the first thread in the 'colckholster' forum over that spam but I thought again and realized this guy wasn't even deserving of the title 'cockholster'

:D

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah I figured out where the function was and turned it off. So no more spamming....

But I still cannot figure out how to kill someone post... apparently I can kill responses, but not original posts!

kahman
11-01-2002, 10:27 PM
I just clicked the email button on your post and it says "Invision Board does not show email addresses in the HTML code to prevent email addresses being harvested by 'spam bots'."

But I looked at the code and it has:
Send an email to Mike AI (michael@oprano.com)

Can't they harvest it from there?

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Yeah Luke they can, however you do not have to put up your real e-mail address. you could put DONT SPAM in it or something.

The way I See, it looks like either or... cannot pick against both of them. Hopefully Ed or Mutt sees this and maybe can figure it out.

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 10:31 PM
I am just glad other people got the spam too. IT would have been funny to be the only guy who gets it, then people would think I was gay or something.

Yeah go private message that Mike AI - he loved the cock!

UGH!

kahman
11-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Mutt
11-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Edd will have to take out the ability to email anybody off this board. There is a private message system so that's good enough. No reason anybody should have to have their email address exposed for spammers to harvest.

I took a look at Kevin's stuff a couple weeks ago when he spammed the old board. He's desperate. His technology isn't going to do anything in adult.

don't feel bad Mike, everybody
:inlove: the cock!

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Just another cockholster-wanna-be !!

Edd
11-02-2002, 11:39 PM
Whoops - another setting I'll have to tweak out - I'll see if I can get it handled right away - sorry about the spam guys! :(

Mike AI
11-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Damn Edd!! just drop the freaking :moon: ball !!!

Edd
11-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 3 2002, 12:24 AM
Damn Edd!! just drop the freaking :moon: ball !!!
Sorry Mike - with 87 of them in the air at any given time, one of the balls is bound to get dropped! :awinky: I found the security setting to HIDE everyones email addresses - so they shouldn't be able to do that anymore... IF anyone DOES get a spam from some dickweed in the system be SURE to let me know ASAP... :grrr: