PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Quick Hit And Tidbits

Vick
11-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Chris Carter to put uniform back on for Miami
- I think they will get more of a boost from his knowledge and presence than his play
How good of a shape is Carter in and how fast can he learn the Miami system

For the Saint fans's - Ricky Who??
Running back Deuce McAllister of the New Orleans Saints is the NFC OffensivePlayer of the Month for October

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/5848964

Looks like is was a good deal for everyone when Ricky Williams left towm for Miami

Drew Bledsoe - comeback player of the year
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5846502

He gets my vote

From my friend the Steelernation
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1...home&lid=235288 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=leaguehome&lid=235288)

The Ravenator is back in first on points - see ya in the playoffs

The Oprano Pick 'em
http://www.opranoplus.com/pickem/season.htm
The Bobinator is hot!!!!, I won the whole thing last year with a 58% winning % and Bobinator is knocking boots with a 62.7% winning %

I'm basically out of it for the year, 17 games back with 8 weeks to play
But only 2 games down to Dr.G for our dinner in Vegas Bet
Fire up the kitchen - I smell meat

Congrats to Karenfold for her win last week!!!

Dawkins fined $50,000 for misuse of helmet
we all saw in on MNF but was it that mean of a hit to get fined $50K?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/5848848

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 12:05 PM
I hate when fans called themselves "The Something Nation". There's Steeler Nation, Huskers Nation, Irish Nation (Notre Dame).

Who started that shit and how do we get rid of it before we have the Redskins Nation, the Cowboys Nation, and the Sooners Nation? What the hell is a Sooner anyway?

Vick
11-01-2002, 12:10 PM
What the hell is a Sooner

What you get before a Later??

voodooman
11-01-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Nov 1 2002, 03:13 PM
I hate when fans called themselves "The Something Nation". There's Steeler Nation, Huskers Nation, Irish Nation (Notre Dame).

Who started that shit and how do we get rid of it before we have the Redskins Nation, the Cowboys Nation, and the Sooners Nation? What the hell is a Sooner anyway?
If you have to ask, then you dont need to know.
:biglaugh:
Honestly, its what the early settlers were called in their wagons.
:rokk:

ulfie
11-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Colin, I made it up just to annoy you. :biglaugh:

Steeler fans have been called "Steeler nation" for as long as I can remember. Could have something to do with the fact that every game they play is sell out no matter whether it's a home or road game. The NO game there were 10,000 tickets available the week before the game. Thanks to Steeler nation it was a sellout. A lot of fans get to see their teams on tv thanks to Steeler nation.

I am a proud member of Steeler nation and don't take kindly to Florida wussy boys dissing us. As America's favorite redneck Charlie Daniels once said, "Just go and lay your hands on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan and I think you're finally gonna understand..." :D

ulfie
11-01-2002, 12:28 PM
Vick, you had a nice week but it's a slim 7 point lead. My boys are gonna take back the lead this week. :nyanya:

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Carter will make an impact on the Dolphins because of his experience... he does not haev the big play capability he used to, but he will be a good posession receiver.

Deuce is the real deal - the Saints should have given him the ball more in the loss against Atlanta. He is a good kid as well, and not a wierdo like ricky williams. He is developing into a fan favorite - he has the right attitude. When asked about his 130 rushng yards and 3 TDs against Atlanta he said he did not care, they mean NOTHING , only winning football games matter....

voodooman
11-01-2002, 12:39 PM
The whole story.
Boomer Sooner
The Oklahoma Territory opened with the Land Run of 1889. Settlers from across the country, seeking free land, made their way to the Plains to stake their claim to a new life. One of the few rules to claiming a parcel of land was that all participants were to start at the same time, on the boom of a cannon. All settlers who started then were labeled as "Boomers" and those who went too soon were called "Sooners."

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ulfie@Nov 1 2002, 03:30 PM
Colin, I made it up just to annoy you. :biglaugh:

Steeler fans have been called "Steeler nation" for as long as I can remember. Could have something to do with the fact that every game they play is sell out no matter whether it's a home or road game. The NO game there were 10,000 tickets available the week before the game. Thanks to Steeler nation it was a sellout. A lot of fans get to see their teams on tv thanks to Steeler nation.

I am a proud member of Steeler nation and don't take kindly to Florida wussy boys dissing us. As America's favorite redneck Charlie Daniels once said, "Just go and lay your hands on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan and I think you're finally gonna understand..." :D
Annoying me is easy. I have a lot of pet pieves.

How far back you can remember?

My brother is a Steelers fan. Since I always want him to be happy, I root for them as long as they don't play the Bucs. But I HATE that 'Steeler Nation" monicker.

I don't know if the Steelers fans are American's toughest fans. I'd give that title to the hoodlums that frequent the Eagles games. Must be something about PA though.

Let's talk college. UM has won 29 in a row. WTF is THAT?

Vick
11-01-2002, 12:44 PM
he has the right attitude

I think that is a big plus for the Saint's this year
They are playing as a team

and Kyle Turley is still the coolest OL in the league

Ulfie - we'll see Tuesday Morning, I've got Micheal Vick as my starting QB this week - either way the road to the Super Bowl for the league goes through us :yowsa:
Aaron Brooks is my other QB and the Saint's have a bye

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by voodooman@Nov 1 2002, 03:47 PM
The whole story.
Boomer Sooner
The Oklahoma Territory opened with the Land Run of 1889. Settlers from across the country, seeking free land, made their way to the Plains to stake their claim to a new life. One of the few rules to claiming a parcel of land was that all participants were to start at the same time, on the boom of a cannon. All settlers who started then were labeled as "Boomers" and those who went too soon were called "Sooners."
That's a pretty cool stroy behind the name.

Vick
11-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Colin I love you man but College Football ... :( yuck

and Philly has the nastiest fans in the NFL

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 12:49 PM
Vick - why don't you like college football?

Mutt
11-01-2002, 02:51 PM
too many teams to keep track of in CFB, too many conferences of different quality. Plus if you didn't go to a school or grow up in a family with a strong affiliation to a school it's hard to become attached to a team.

So many sports to keep track of - i can't do it anymore. the older i get the less trivia i can remember. I used to know the full roster of every team in the NHL, NFL, NBA and major league baseball.

Now i just watch all the hightlights and watch the games of my favorite teams - Raptors, Bills and Maple Leafs.

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Nice football icon you made their Mutt- it will help keep Serge and others away!!

If you do not love football, one must not love life!!

T-Rav
11-01-2002, 03:59 PM
voodoo, spoken like a true Sooner.

I am a 3rd genartion Oklahoma grad. I was born and bred on OU Football. I have had season tickets since I was born. I currently live in Austin, TX (home of the Longhorns) arguably the best place for a Sooner to live after the OU/Texas game...at least for the last three years.

We truly believe Bob Stoops is God. I was fortunate enough to go to the Nat'l Championship game in 2001. Where as you know the Sooners came out on top. I do not believe in jinx's, and have a confidence that only a Stoops lead football team has. I have already purchased my Big 12 Championship Tickets, and I am already pricing flights for the Fiesta Bowl.

I have never been able to get into the NFL, for the same reasons Vick listed above (only apply to the NFL). However, I got a fantasy team this year, and now I am addicted. I know way too much about the NFL.

BOOMER SOONER!

Tonda, its time for you to chime it now...us Sooners have to stick together.

Last edited by T-Rav at Nov 1 2002, 04:08 PM

voodooman
11-01-2002, 04:09 PM
T-Rav,

Your right, Stoops is the man with the game plan, and has all
the necessary players and talent to achieve his, and their goals.
I seen on another topic where Colin was asking about OU and
OSU, and remembering the upset last year betwene the 2.
Personally, I think it will be a blowout, but you just never know.
If the game is was in Norman, then for sure, but since its in
Stillwater, they might keep it close. One factor is, its the last
game of the season, so they have to keep Hybl healthy till then. :)
Glad to see that there are more Sooner fans here though.

T-Rav
11-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Hell yeah, he's the man with the plan. Colorado is fucked too. Don't ever give Stoops 2 weeks to prepare for you. You will get your ass handed to you. Not too worried about OSU, but the "Bedlam Series" is always a wild ride.

I want to go to the game this wkend but my kid has a soccer game. It was rained out the week of the Iowa St. game so we hopped in the car drove 6 hours and arrived at the game right before kickoff! I like watching OU kick ass, close games are for suckers. They take too much out of me :)

Mike AI, Deuce is on my fantasy team. He IS the real deal. I have picked NO every week in my pickem. I tend to pick teams that have my fantasy players on them. That way I always know who to root for.

voodooman
11-02-2002, 07:34 PM
Well T-Rav, they barely pulled it out. In all rights, CU should have won.
OU just wasnt themselves today, but I'll take the W!

Tonda_WEGCash
11-02-2002, 08:05 PM
T-Rav -

You must have hated today's game! HE HE HE

We won though. It is all downhill from here.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred and when I die I'll be a sooner dead!!!

Vick
11-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Vick - why don't you like college football?

Same reason you don't - I like the multiple pro set offense, I don't like wishbone or option (I don't even like big running QB's like McNabb or McNair) - too many players and teams to keep track of and obviously the quality of play is not as good as the NFL

Just not a rah rah kind of guy .....

Oh yeah and one more reason I don't like college football .....
Male Cheerleaders - just wrong!!!!

think Coor's commercials - cheerleaders should be women

voodooman
11-02-2002, 08:29 PM
"too many players and teams to keep track of"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vick, maybe you should watch 8 man highschool football.
:P

I do agree with you about the male cheerleaders though.
My dad would have had my cut my nuts off if I would have done that.
:)

Vick
11-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Interesting ......
New Orleans and Pittsburgh have very soft schedules the rest of the way this season

NO has the easiest schedule of any NFC team with a winning record playing just 2 teams (Atlanta and TB) with winning records and 4 of their last 6 games at home - the Saints final 4 opponents combined record ...... 8-21

Funny thing, Pittsburgh has only 2 teams with winning records to play left and they are ....... Atlanta and TB also

Can you say Home Field advantage

Where does Stewart play next year if the Steelers go far with Tommy Maddox?

Piss on Brian Greise all you want - the only thing he's done is throw TD passes in 23 straight games

NO RB Deuce McAllister was arrested for driving on a suspended license after getting clocked doing 70 in a 40 - Billy why didn't you tell them just to let the guy go

Jon Gruden was brought to Tampa to give the Buc's offensive a new life and ..... the Bucs haven't scored an offensive TD in the 8 quarters going back to Oct 13