PDA

View Full Version : The Unthreaded To Threaded Change

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 09:49 AM
So how did changing from unthreaded to threaded change the number of daily posts?

Edd
11-01-2002, 09:53 AM
Thats tough to tell so early on, Colin - we had low days on the old board as well as high - I'd say now we're actually about the same - perhaps slightly higher due to the "newness" of the system!

CHANGE IS GOOD!
:)

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 10:05 AM
Edd,

There are some people that probably post every once in a while that haven't felt like going through the trouble to register yet also.

Where are the rules for the new board? Can we create "characters"?

Mutt
11-01-2002, 03:32 PM
whacha mean create 'characters' Colin?

half the people on GFY are people slipping into and out of different 'characters'. All you have to do is clear you cookies, and register as another 'character'.

If it's a good character there's nothing wrong with it.

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Yeah I think the threaded board is going well... I am sure there are some laggers still. I see people still posting and such on the older board.

A lot of posts are due to the newness, I think once we settel in everything will be back to normal.

http://www.oprano.com/reporter/courtside/sergemike.jpg

Serge and I in Miami brainstorming on how to make Oprano a beter place.

Edd
11-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Nov 1 2002, 10:13 AM
Edd,

There are some people that probably post every once in a while that haven't felt like going through the trouble to register yet also.

Where are the rules for the new board? Can we create "characters"?
No rules! :rokk:
Not really... just some guidelines for not spamming and such - we've never had a need for a TOS and don't think we'll ever have one! :matey:
Its an open forum - if persons do something untowards (like spam) we handle it our way - if persons have a problem with that, they may go elsewhere - as simple as THAT!

And you can be whomever or whatever you want, Colin - I'll not pidgeon-hole you or stifle your creativity in any way! ;)

Winetalk.com
11-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 1 2002, 03:50 PM

Come think of it,
that was a day when threaded board got a GO
;-))

Dianna Vesta
11-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 1 2002, 03:50 PM
Yeah I think the threaded board is going well... I am sure there are some laggers still. I see people still posting and such on the older board.

A lot of posts are due to the newness, I think once we settel in everything will be back to normal.

Cute pic!

Mike AI
11-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Aww Serge Dianna is being sweet...

I think she is tricking us, she wants to get us tied up and gagged...

:yowsa:

Winetalk.com
11-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 1 2002, 08:41 PM
Aww Serge Dianna is being sweet...

I think she is tricking us, she wants to get us tied up and gagged...

:yowsa:
Mike, its a good thing
;-))