PDA

View Full Version : I Was An Atheist Boy Scout

Almighty Colin
10-31-2002, 10:18 AM
From the News Desk ::

Eagle Scout Darrell Lambert, 19, has been given a week to profess belief in a higher power or be banned by the Boy Scouts for his atheism.

mojobill
10-31-2002, 10:27 AM
That has 'Law Suit' written all over it.... stupid people..... sigh

ulfie
10-31-2002, 12:08 PM
The boy scouts have the right to let in who they want. It's not a "right" to be a boy scout although why anyone would want to is beyond me....

Almighty Colin
11-01-2002, 05:00 AM
District Chairman Glen Schmidt said "Anyone that doesn't believe in god isn't a good citizen." He also said "if an Atheist happened to find a wallet laying on the ground, they would "pick it up (and) plunder the money."

What is interesting is that the scouts accept anyone who professes belief in any diety or supernatural being. As long as you believe in a "higher power" you can join. That's pretty vague. Wonder what would happen if you said you were a devil worshipper?

dollar
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
hi i am new to this site but i do know for sure the scouts except anyone wether they believe in god or not and one rule is that all scouts should be nice to each other and anyoneone else so this leader should not be in the postion hes in he is wrong